Flashing lights on a highway is usually a sign of a speed trap ahead, a broken down car, or a troop of photographers trying to cross the road at night. Learn all road signals with today’s Groupon: for RM150, you get an all-day photography workshop with portrait and night photography from EOS Boutique in Penang (RM499 value).
Maladroit snapsters with more flair then photo arrest un-attesting behaviour and trigger happy fingers with a full-blown, one day workshop designed to instruct and inspire in the mythical art of photo taking. Divided into three classes, students first learn the vagaries of theory and its technical aspects, including the structure of the DSLR camera, shutter and effect, aperture and depth of field, exposure, ISO, white balance, lens and flash. Photo soldiers then shoot in the field during the hands-on portrait class, focusing on landscape and portrait methods. As night falls over Georgetown, camera obscurists don night vision goggles and keep dog whistles handy during the night photography session, capturing night serenity and supernatural neon lights. Max Lim, head trainer at Eos Boutique has 10 years experience and is currently the official product specialist for Canon. He is also the photography lecturer for The One Academy and Han Chiang College, Penang.
• Photography Society of Singapore (PSS) Photo Contest Winner 2005
• Nikon Photo Contest International Winner 2006
• Canon International Environmental Photography Contest Winner 2008
Transportation to the various shooting locations is not provided. Students will also have to bring their own cameras and equipment.
• Aug 21, 2011
• Sep 3, 2011
• Oct 16, 2011
• Nov 13, 2011
• Theory class: 10am – 3pm
• Break: 3pm – 4pm
• Portrait photography: 4pm – 6pm
• Night photography: 6pm – 8pm
How it works
1. Purchase this Groupon.
2. Call 04-228 8858 and provide your name, contact details, Groupon security code, preferred date for class and equipment used.
3. All bookings must be made by Aug 15, 2011.