These are the universal terms & conditions that apply to every Groupon voucher (unless specifically contradicted in the deals fine print):
- All vouchers are not exchangeable for cash and/or other goods and services.
- All vouchers are generally non transferable unless stated in the fine print section.
- Customer must use voucher in one visit.
- One voucher is valid for one redemption only.
- One voucher is generally valid for one person only unless stated otherwise.
- Vouchers cannot be combined with any other offer/promotion unless stated otherwise.
- No replacement or extension will be given for any expired voucher.
- Customer is required to present voucher when redeeming offer.
- Neither Groupon Malaysia nor the retailer is responsible for lost or stolen vouchers or voucher reference numbers.
- No cash back or credit will be issued for partial redemption of the promotional portion of a voucher.
- Duplicate use, sale or trade of a voucher is prohibited.
- Unless otherwise stated at the time a voucher is purchased, voucher price does not include service charges, value added or taxes, which may be charged to the customer separately by the retailer at the time the voucher is redeemed.
FAQ about Groupon Discounts
Below are the most frequently asked questions we receive about deals featured on Groupon Malaysia. Unless stated otherwise in The Fine Print section of the deal, these answers apply to all deals on Groupon Malaysia.
Purchasing Groupon Vouchers
Q: Can I buy a Groupon voucher with confidence?
A: Yes you can. Your credit card details are transmitted by SSL directly to a secure electronic vault. We dont store your credit card number on our servers or anywhere else.
Q: What happens after I purchase?
A: Within a few minutes youll receive an email confirming that your transaction has completed. When the discount reaches the minimum number of buyers, you will receive another email indicating that the discount is on.
Q: When can I use my voucher after purchase?
A: Vouchers will be available for redemption within 24 to 48 hours after the discount ends. Well email you to notify you when that happens, too!
Q: Why does it take 24-48 hours for me to get my voucher after the discount ends?
A: After the discount ends, well need to make necessary arrangements with the retailer to prepare them in welcoming you. ;) Rest assured that well do whatever it takes to speed up on releasing your voucher(s) so that you can start enjoying them quick!
Q: What if I buy as a gift?
A: When you buy a voucher as a gift, as soon as the deal reaches the minimum number of buyers, you will be able to see it under My groupons. Gifts will be marked as gifts, and you will be able to either email the voucher to your friend or print it out & put it in a pretty envelope!
Q: What happens if the discount doesnt reach its minimum number of buyers?
A: If the deal does not reach the minimum number of buyer after time runs out, you will be refunded the full amount you paid within 14 working days.
Using Groupon Vouchers
Q: Ive gotten my Groupon voucher! How do I use it?
A: Easy. You print it out, bring it to the retail outlet and redeem it.
Q: Do I have to use my Groupon voucher immediately after purchase?
A: Nope. All Groupon vouchers have an expiration date with lots of time for you to redeem them. Please refer to the individual vouchers for expiry date and terms & conditions.
Q: What if I photocopy my Groupon voucher and circulate it?
A: Each Groupon voucher comes with only one unique serial number. Once that number is redeemed, it is not valid anymore.
Q: The Groupon voucher carries my name. Are my Groupon vouchers transferrable?
A: No. Groupon vouchers are generally not transferrable. Retailers have the right to check and disallow the redemption of the voucher if the voucher is redeemed by a different person.
Q: The fine print says "Limit to 1 per person" but also says "May buy multiples as gifts." Does that mean I can buy a few and redeem for myself?
A: No. If the fine print says this, you can only redeem one. If you buy more than one then you have to give them away as gifts to other people.