Melaka: Stay for 2 at The Baba House + Entrance Tickets to Jonker Bird House + Daily Breakfast. Choose 2D1N (RM115) / 3D2N (RM210) / 4D3N (RM300). From RM50 per person per night. Limited Groupons
- Boutique hotel with rich Chinese Baroque and Palladian styles.
- Located close to historic Jonker Street area in Melaka.
- Various shopping and cultural spots nearby.
- Includes entrance tickets to Jonker Bird House: swiftlet nests, birds’ nest workshop, 16th century architectural remains, and more.
- Combine Groupons for longer stay.
- Stay period: Jun 2, 2012 – Sep 30, 2012.
- Bookings must be made between: May 22, 2012 – Sep 16, 2012.
- Min. 14 days prior booking required. Bookings subject to availability.
- Amendments must be made at least 7 days prior to confirmed booking date or Groupon will be forfeited.
- May buy and use many. Combine Groupons for longer stay.
- Max. 3 adults OR 2 adults + 2 children aged 12 and below per room. 3rd guest subject to additional charges.
- 2 additional children are allowed to share existing bedding with parents.
- Rate is inclusive of applicable taxes and service charges.
- Printed Groupon voucher required at check-in.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Daily breakfast for 2 people.
- Entrance tickets to Jonker Bird House for 2 people.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Airport transfer.
- Transportation to Melaka.
ADD-ONS (payable to hotel)
- Extra bed with breakfast for guests aged 13 and above: RM38 per person per night.
- Stay without extra bed without breakfast for guests aged 13 and above: RM18 per person per night.
- Breakfast for guests aged 12 and below: RM8 per child.
- Breakfast for guests aged 13 and above: RM10 per person.
- Return airport transfer: RM180 per car per way (max. 4 people per car).
- Stay on Saturday: RM35 per room per night.
- Jun 1, 2012 – Jun 3, 2012: RM35 per room per night.
- Aug 9, 2012 – Aug 12, 2012: RM35 per room per night.
- Aug 17, 2012 – Aug 20, 2012: RM35 per room per night.
- Aug 31, 2012 – Sep 2, 2012: RM35 per room per night.
HOW TO BOOK (book early to avoid disappointment)
Email email@example.com with your:
- Contact number
- Email address
- Preferred date(s) of stay
- Groupon voucher code
- Groupon security code
- Attached Groupon
Customers are advised to call 06-281 1216 or email The Baba House at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Groupon Enquiries’ to check on availability of preferred travel dates before purchasing this Groupon and travel tickets to Melaka. All bookings must be made by Sep 16, 2012.
Real heroes include police officers, fire-fighters, and suitcase packers. Today’s Groupon offers respite at the end of the tunnel with a stay for two in a Superior Room, inclusive of daily breakfast at The Baba House and two entrance tickets to Jonker Bird House in Melaka. Choose from the following options:
- 2D1N stay for 2 for RM115 (RM153.20 published rack rate) (only RM57.50 per person per night)
- 3D2N stay for 2 for RM210 (RM286.30 published rack rate) (only RM52.50 per person per night)
- 4D3N stay for 2 for RM300 (RM419.50 published rack rate) (only RM50 per person per night)
- 150 sq ft room
- King or double bedding
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Colour TV with cable channels
- IDD phones
- Coffee and tea-making facilities
- Hot and cold shower
- Hair dryer upon request
- Iron and ironing board upon request
Located within the heart of Melaka, culture junkies reside within the Baba and Nyonya inspired boutique bungalow surrounded by history, shopping, and air. Morning meals are provided alongside daily Wi-Fi waves, with spa and mani-pedi services available for aesthetically pleasing summer looks. Step out of Baroque-styled boudoirs for visits to Jonker Bird House, where visitors may experience the ruffling of swiftlet wings inside 16th century architectural archways as well as:
Jonker Bird House:
- 400-foot exhibition
- Local kampung house
- Swiftlet nests
- Bird’s nest processing room
- Yong Ann Bird Nest specialty shop – assorted bird’s nest products for sale
- Pyramid display of various shapes and sizes of authentic swiftlet nest cups
- Gallery of Admiral Cheng Ho: the discovery of Swiftlets Nest throughout his expedition in the Malay Archipelago
- Replica cave nest
- Hand crafted 3D stone sculptures
- 16th century fresh water well
- 16th century built up façade
- Spiral staircase
- 16th century underground irrigation system measuring 162 feet
Jonker Bird House (5 minutes walking distance from The Baba House)
No. 77, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, 75200 Melaka Tengah, Melaka.
Phone: 012-607 0578
Operation hours: Mon – Thu: 10am – 7pm / Fri, Sat, public holidays and school holidays: 9am – 7pm / Sun: 9am – 6pm
- Judy Spa
- Baba Café
- Antiques, fine-art painting & souvenir shop
- Mani-pedi services
- Sunshine courtyard
- Facsimile service
- E-mail/internet access
- Bicycle hire
- City tour
- 24-hour security
- Free parking
Nearby places of interest
- St. Paul’s church ruins
- Eye on Melaka and Pirates of Melaka rides
- Taming Sari revolving tower
- Dutch square
- The Stadthuys
- Jonker street
- Portuguese settlement
- Melaka river cruise
- Bukit China
- Ayer Keroh recreational forest
- Malacca zoo
- Taman Mini Malaysia and Mini ASEAN
Phone: 06-281 1216
Facebook: The Baba House Melaka
Set just off Jonker street, hotel is great if you wish to experience the historical side of Malacca. Rooms are small but clean with god air conditioning. Staff are very helpful and accomodating to requests. Free WiFi is available. Furniture Are period pieces. – Jan 7, 2012
Location, ambience, comfort. These are the key features of this hotel. It is located ideally, parallel to Jonker Street the hub of the tourist experience of local shops and eating places. Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6pm to 10pm Jonker Street comes alive with street stalls and local Karaoke on the community stage. Baba House is close enough to get to this to join in, but just far enough away that it's not on the doorstep of your lodging. – Dec 22, 2011
Ask a Question
the architecture and decor of the place retains the peranakan heritage, so it is a rather interesting place to stay. very intrigued by traditional bowl which they fashioned into sink bowls. love the door knobs too! the location is awesome, just a street away from Jonker St which comes alive at night with its food fare & open-air market on weekends. – Jan 3, 2011