- More than 90 types of food including crab, salmon, scallops, abalone slices, and mussels.
- Free-flow drinks and ice cream.
- Min. 2 Groupons per table. Single diners not allowed.
- Max. 2 hours of dining per Groupon. No extensions allowed for latecomers.
- Limit 1 soup base per table. Additional soup types subject to RM10 surcharge.
- Food wastage subject to surcharge of RM20 per 100g of unfinished food.
- Redemption period: Nov 6, 2014 – Dec 15, 2014.
- Min. 3 days prior booking and 1 day prior rescheduling required.
- Valid Mon – Fri: 3pm – 11pm / Sat – Sun: 12 – 2pm, 2pm – 4pm, 4pm – 6pm, 6pm – 8pm (not including eve of public holidays and public holidays).
- Dine-in only.
- Sharing not allowed.
- Non-Halal restaurant.
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above (presentation of IC required) dine at RM29.90+ per head.
- Children measuring 85cm – 140cm tall dine at RM22.90+ per head.
- Children below the height of 85cm dine for free.
- Service charges included. No Government tax.
- Valid at Ding Charcoal BBQ and Steamboat: 04-899 7829.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Business registration: 917568-H
Buffets bring people together, much like sports events, blockbuster movie releases, or a bubble bath party where the bubbles are made of industrial super glue. Get up close and personal with today’s Groupon: for RM35, you get a BBQ and steamboat buffet (RM43.90 value) at Ding Charcoal BBQ and Steamboat in Straits Quay, Penang.
- More than 90 types of food items (subject to rotation) (RM39.90 value):
- Crabs, prawns, mussels, scallops, shishamo, clams, salmon, abalone slices, lobster balls, fish ball varieties, chicken, vegetables, noodles, mushrooms, and more
- Items subject to availability
- Free-flow drinks (subject to rotation)
- Blackcurrant or passion fruit
- Free-flow ice cream (subject to rotation)
- Yam, chocolate, or corn
10% service charges (RM4 value)
Ding Charcoal BBQ and Steamboat
Located on the first floor of Straits Quay with a view of light houses, yachts, and the Straits of Malacca, Ding Charcoal BBQ and Steamboat provides customers with a choice of BBQ or steamboat buffets to satisfy huge appetites. The restaurant utilises smokeless charcoal grill to prepare its food and a Kanban belt to deliver that takes edibles on a final merry-go-round with a full view of the restaurant’s red exterior before finally resting in hungry chompers.
Then came the beef, mutton and pork. The pork slices are the belly meat （五花腩）and no doubt it’s greasy but we love it. If you BBQ it with some garlic oil, you will never have enough of it. I made a lot of those. – Apr 19, 2011
– Princess Cheryl
Each table has 2 hobs, one for the BBQ and the other one for the steamboat. The restaurant uses a smokeless charcoal grill and a two soup pot for each table. It would be recommended to have 4 people per table. They also use the kanban belt as the chain to transport food. – Aug 22, 2013