Mammogram or Ultrasound Breast Examination + Consultation
- Detect early signs of breast cancer.
- Results and consultation within 2 hours after screening.
- Examination by certified radiographer / sonographer.
- Results reviewed by radiologist.
- Consultation by doctor.
Until discovered by doctors, ultrasound machines were a housewife’s homemade kitchen handy for locating lost diamond rings and baking mittens in the bellies of gregarious pups. Look beyond with today’s Groupon: for RM89, you get a breast examination package from Life Care Diagnostic in Petaling Jaya (RM200 total value). Choose between:
- Mammogram (RM150 value) + consultation (RM50 value); recommended for women age 40 and above
- Ultrasound (RM150 value) + consultation (RM50 value); recommended for women below age 40
Customers undress from the waist up and don a robe like jedi Padawans. Employing low doses of radiation, a certified radiographer conducts a mammogram – a type of X-ray examination – which screens out bust abnormalities (lumps / cysts as small as 2mm wide) and yesterday’s pizza to sound the fire alarm at the first sign of breast cancer or other health hazards, especially for women experiencing symptoms such as of lumps, pain and nipple discharge. With 1 out of 19 Malaysian women at risk of suffering from breast cancer, mammography gives women a better chance of surviving the disease, as the screening can detect lumps before they can be felt.
Gamma ray abstainers can opt for the ultrasound examination instead, where a skilled sonographer uses high frequency sound waves to capture images in real-time, displaying the internal structure of breasts and helping to determine the solidity of any extra-terrestrial presence. After the 20-minute procedure, customers frolic out for lunch or tea while a radiologist reviews the results of the screening. Clients then return in two-hour’s time to sit in for a doctor’s consultation based on their reports. On the advice of the doctor, customers who underwent a mammogram and require an ultrasound as well, may top up an additional RM30.
Mammogram is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Consult a doctor before scheduling an examination, making sure to inform medics of previous surgeries, hormone medication, as well as personal and family history of breast cancer.
- Before the examination, abstain from drinking coffee or applying deodorant, talcum powder or lotion under the arms or on the breasts, as these can appear on the mammogram as calcium spots.
- For more accurate results, schedule mammograms a week after menstruation.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in Malaysia
Further deals in other categories
Life Care Diagnostic Medical Centre