[40% off] Funniest comedy show in KL on 20th November 2010 (Saturday
20th November 2010 (Saturday)
Wisma Bentley Music @ Mutiara Damansara (Next to IKEA/The Curve)
Smart Casual Attire
Only limited seats available
Reasons why you should watch The Comedy Club on the 20th of November 2010
1. You can bet your arses you’re going to have an awesome time with The Comedy Club! Head down to Wisma Bentley Music and enjoy a fun and hilarious night out with your mates by rolling in your seats laughing with (or at!) The Comedy Club’s latest lineup: local & international stand-up comedians from Canada, Scotland and the UK!
2. The Comedy Club KL aims to give Malaysians exposure to the comedy scene beyond our shores. This month sees The Comedy Club KL featuring some of the world’s best comedians (Jason Leong, Dougie Dunlop, Eddy Brimson & Steve Northcott) on the 20th November 2010, which everyone is sure to be roaring with laughter! Get ready...because it’s going to be LEGEN-DARY!
3. Malaysian’s own Jason Leong is the newest addition to the urban comedy scene, but has quickly built an impressive following. Jason, who is a practising doctor finds that it can be quite humourless when dealing with patients who sometimes are literally full of **** (yes, pun intended!). Jason’s well-played strategy to “show up and see what happens” has succeeded with the audiences so far, and his commitment to entertain is legendary. Hopefully we get to hear what he has up his white sleeves while he tries to cheer up the hospital floors.
P.S: Should you want his infamous ‘pre-divorce’ jokes, make sure it’s not for your wedding!
4. Canadian expatriate, Steven Northcott is another one to look out for. Why not? He ticks all the areas: Malaysia is his adopted homeland. He’s a musician. Plus, he’s crazy hilarious! He’s entertainment all-in-one. Besides performing in Malaysia as a comedian, he’s played gigs here as well! In fact, he played over 150 shows locally and abroad: China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand and USA. Armed with an overpriced guitar and playing the chords that everyone knows, he will definitely provoke a belly laugh. Focusing on his travels around the world, he tells the audience hilarious stories about his life – even of dating Malaysian & Singaporean women. So he sings, plays the guitar and tells mad jokes. What else doesn’t he do?! We’re hooked.
5. UK’s Eddy Brimson’s comedy specialisation is what he describes as ‘obervational filth’. Over the past few years, he has emerged as one of the “most interesting and thoughtful comedians on the stand-up circuit”. In demand worldwide, he has taken his comedy to far flung countries such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.
P.S: Did you know Eddy once played a gig naked?!
6. Eddy is one of the UK circuits’ most-in-demand headline stand-up acts and is a regular at all the country’s leading venues. From his early days of being a football hooligan, actor (mostly playing “thugs or a gay man” due to his bald head and fit body) Eddy got tired of it and through coincidence he stumbled into the world of comedy. Since then, he has never looked back.
7. Scotsman Dougie Dunlop makes headlines in many places sharing his very unique take on life, effortlessly getting the audience laughing! His relaxed style and “rare ability to tell jokes about ordinary things and be hilarious” with great warmth makes this comedian so high in demand, that he’s been selected by many high profile comics to support them on tour!
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in Malaysia
Further deals in other categories
The Comedy Club